GCE AS & A2 Photography
We follow the same course structure as the GCE Fine Art course accredited by Edexcel. You can read more about the qualification specifications here. If you are student on our course, please click here for the units of study.
Why Study Photography?
This is a creative photography course with an emphasis on photography as an art form, focusing on lens-based and digital-media. The camera will be used as a tool to develop visual and thought processes as well as creative and critical abilities.
Being skilled in the use of digital media is in high demand within the Creative Industries, which according to the Department for Media, Culture & the Arts (DMCA) in 2009 are a “significant contributor to the UK economy - accounting for 7.9% of GDP, and growing significantly faster." However the ability to think and act creatively are important skills that will serve you well in most professions.
Other than the key requirements to enter the 6th Form, you do not have to have studied Photography or Art at GCSE level in order to take the A-Level. However, the course is generally over-subscribed and therefore we have a set task that we require all applicants to complete.
- Assessment >
- Courses >
- GCSE YR 10 E-PORTFOLIO 2016-2017
- GCSE YR 11 E-PORTFOLIO 2016-2017
- AS E-PORTFOLIOS 2016-2017
- A level E-PORTFOLIOS 2015-2017
- PAST A2 E-PORTFOLIOS 2015/2016
- PAST A LEVEL E-PORTFOLIOS 2013/2015
- PAST A level E-PORTFOLIOS 2012/2014
- PAST A level E-PORTFOLIOS 2011/2013
- PAST A level PORTFOLIO'S 2010/2012
- PAST-GCSE YR 11 E-PORTFOLIOS 2014/2016
- PAST GCSE YR 11 E-PORTFOLIOS 2013/2015
- PAST GCSE PORTFOLIO'S 2012/2014
- Research Support >
- Practical Support >
- Web Tools >